By Cheryl Bovee,
WCR Hospitality & Communication Chair
Everyone has been affected in some way facing unprecedented hardships from loss of jobs or income, battling heath concerns, or even maintaining positive mental health. It goes without saying that we need to concentrate on ways to cope to get through these hard times. Fortunately, there is help available and things you can do to minimize the effect. One of the most important things to remember is that even though you cannot control everything that is happening you can control how you react to it. Here are 5 tips that you can use:
1. Controlling anxiety- This is no easy thing but using various breathing techniques can be very helpful. There are even apps such as CALM that can be beneficial to encourage deep relaxing breaths and getting oxygen to the brain. Start your day with affirmations, exercise, spiritual healing or mediation.
2. Dealing with Isolation – making use of today’s technology -connect via video of any type with family and friends, ie: Facetime, Messenger, Whats-Ap, or even just a phone call can help.
3. Structure-Create a new routine (Categorize your things to do – Personal, Family, Business – and write down your must do items for each, then Prioritize which is the most important ones)
4. Self-Motivation (After Prioritizing – choose only 1 Most Important thing to do in a day, Make sure to pat yourself on the back after 1 thing is done) Easier to do daily – creates a habit)
5. Embrace the new normal (Hand sanitizer, Lysol Wipes, Face Masks, Gloves, Keeping a minimum of 6 feet apart are understood. But how about the new normal for doing business? Zoom classes, & meetings, or other Video Chat/Meeting methods. Virtual Tours, Document Signings done virtually . . . ) New challenges create new opportunities.
6. Finally build your community by having the right people around you. You want to surround yourself with people who are positive, caring and supportive and above all don’t be afraid to reach out for help. Your Women’s Council network is here for you.
Cheryl Bovee, Marketing & Public Relations for Solano Mortgage NMLS # 1515497 is a division of American Pacific Mortgage Corporation NMLS #1850 is licensed in California by the Department of Business Oversight under the CRMLA / Equal Housing Opportunity